2021 is a year I would consider a defining year for me. I started the year as a homeless and broken man striving to find hope, help, and healing. I went through diverse floods and flames.
At a particular point, I was visiting the hospital frequently till medical bills drained me financially, but through it all, God remained faithful. I lost some vital relationships but I found God in my darkest season, and He introduced me to my true self.
The crushing and pressing of 2021 made me a new wine. I rose from the ashes as pure gold. All thanks to God and the friends who were able to hear the echoes of my silence.
Here are some of the lessons I learned the hard way…
1. Rock bottom is a place of deep discovery and real recovery.
2. Sometimes you feel lost and lonely because God wants you to see Him as your one and only.
3. Be happy to miss those who make your life miserable. Be glad that they showed you that you deserve better.
4. Isolation is one of the greatest preparation for divine manifestation. A seed is buried before it blooms.
5. Sometimes, God allows enemies to surround you because He wants to prepare a table before you in their presence. Don’t focus on the troubles of life, look forward to the ‘table of triumph’.
6. God will sometimes set your comfort zone ablaze so you can move to a growth zone.
7. There is a time to give up, and there is a time to get up and grow up. Giving up is good when it’s done at the right time. We enjoy new beginnings when we enforce necessary endings.
8. Quit! Quit paying attention to the things draining your peace and joy.
9. Two people you must avoid: the people you cannot help and those that can’t help you become a better person. (This has nothing to do with material gains)
10. God can restore wasted years and wipe away fiery tears.
11. Don’t rush into relationships, don’t force friendships. Build yourself to attract valuable and vibrant relationships.
12. Be valuable enough to stand alone. Be responsible enough to attract support.
14. Every season comes with lessons and blessings. Gratitude gives you access to blessings while positive attitude helps you maximize the lessons in every season.
15. Your darkest season may be preparing for your brightest sparkle.
17. You can’t pray away certain pains when you a pregnant with purpose. Prayer will only give you the peace and patience to grow through the painful process.
18. A prosperous life starts with a positive and productive mind.
19. No one owes you anything. You owe yourself everything. Keep growing till you become a magnet of resourceful relationships.
20. You are made to manifest but there are times you need to be hidden in the place of preparation.
21. Your words shape your world. Don’t declare defeat when the fight is still on.
Win with words.
My new book will be available for download soon. Watch out. Thank you for your support, my dearest friends. I wish you a peaceful and prosperous new year.
Share the lessons that resonate with you in the comment section.